1. What are the five strongest majors at your institution?
2. When must I choose a major?
3. If you have a major in mind, ask if they have it.
4. What types of internship/co-op experiences are available?
5. What type of high school background are you looking for in an application?
6. Do you have study abroad programs?
7. What types of extracurricular activities are there on campus?
8. What are the application deadlines for admission and financial aid?
9. Do you accept Advanced Placement and/or College Credit Courses?
10. What percentage of the freshmen class will graduate in 4 years? 6 years?
11. How many of last years’ freshmen class returned for their sophomore year?
12. What percentage of the freshmen class earned above a 2.0 GPA last year?
13. How do you place freshmen in their classes?
14. What is the average high school GPA of last year’s freshmen class?
15. Do you have faculty advisors? What are their duties?
16. What additional academic services do you offer to students?
17. How many students live on campus?
18. How are roommates chosen?
19. Do you have any special pogroms for freshmen?
20. Where can I obtain statistics about crime on your campus?
21. What high school courses are required?
22. What was the average ACT/SAT last year?
23. What types of scholarships are available?
24. Do you buy or rent books?
25. Do students get a discount to school sporting events?
26. How many students apply each year? How many are accepted?
27. As a freshman, will I be taught by professors or teaching assistants?
28. How does the advising system work?
29. What is the likelihood, due to overcrowding, of getting closed out of the courses need?
30. What technology is available?
31. What is the likelihood, due to overcrowding, of getting closed out of the courses I need?
32. What technology is available?
33. Are internships available?
34. How effective is the job placement service of the school?
35. What is the average class size in my area of interest?
36. What teaching methods are used in my area of interest (lecture, groups discussion, field work)?
37. How many students graduate in four years in my area of interest?
38. What are the special requirements for graduation in my area of interest?
39. What percentage of students live in dormitories? Off-campus housing?
40. Do faculty members and students mix on an informal basis?
41. How important are the arts to student life?
42. What facilities are available for cultural events?
43. How important are sports to student life?
44. What percentage of the student body belongs to a sorority/fraternity?
45. What is the relationship between those who belong to a Greek system and those who don’t?
46. Are students involved in the decision making process at the college? Do they sit on major committees?
47. What percentage of students receive financial aid based on academic ability?
48. What percentage of students receive scholarships based on academic ability?
49. What percentage of a typical financial aid offer is in the form of a loan?
50. If my family demonstrates financial need on the FAFSA, what percentage of the established need is generally awarded?
51. Do opportunities for financial aid, scholarships, or work-study increase each year?
52. Is my major direct admit or indirect admit?
53. What was last years’ average GPA/ACT for those who were accepted to my major?