- Enter into a Student Participation Agreement (pick up & return the form to the College Counselor) with his/her high school prior to graduation and have attended an A+ school for at least three consecutive years.
- Graduate from high school with cumulative, unweighted grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- Have at least a 95% attendance record for four years.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring under a GCAA teacher (See the A+ Coordinator for approval of your tutoring placement.)
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol.
- Fill out the FAFSA during senior year (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Males must register for Selective Service within 30 days after the 18th birthday. This can be done at www.sss.gov.
- Provide the student’s Social Security Number and full name (including middle name). This avoids delays in reimbursements to colleges. These delays also prevent community college students from enrolling in future semesters. Students without a Social Security Number on file may be denied A+ funds. Students who are not United States citizens may sign up for the A+ Schools Program, but it is up to the post-secondary institution whether they are eligible for A+ funds.
- All required documentation must be submitted to the A+ coordinator by the last scheduled date of attendance of the student’s senior year.
- Achieve a score of proficient or above on the Algebra I end-of-course exam or meet other math proficiency requirements as outlined by the State of Missouri.
- The family must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Students will be eligible to receive the above financial incentive for two years if they maintain a 2.5 GPA while in College!
- Students must complete two years of full time enrollment at a participating institution within four years of graduation from GCAA.
- Tuition reimbursement is contingent upon availability of state funds. Funding is not the responsibility of the GCAA.
Ms. Snelson, College Counselor, is the A+ coordinator.
Download A+ Forms
A+ Agreement a-agreement
A+ Mentoring Log a-mentoring-log
A+ Scholarship Appeal Process a-scholarship-appeal-process
A+ Scholarship Appeal Application a-scholarship-appeal-application