NEW DISMISSAL AND PICK UP PROCEDURES FOR GCAA
BEGINNING MONDAY, DECEMBER 3.
- Due to the construction zone about to begin at the Sun Theater, we will no longer be able to dismiss students on Grandel or Delmar.
- Parent pick up will be east of Grand Avenue on the parking lot behind Powell Hall. There is ample parking available for parents on this parking lot. You can only enter the lot from the gate on Delmar. You must exit this lot at the gate on Sam Shepherd.
- Students will be grouped by grade level on the parking lot to make it easier to find your child.
SAFETY is our greatest concern and we need you to show your love for your children by following these rules. They have to be implemented to ensure safety.
- You may only enter the parking lot from Delmar. You may not enter the parking lot from Sam Shepherd.
- You may only park in striped parking spaces that are located east of the Powell Hall and Portfolio Gallery buildings.
- You are not allowed to exit the lot using Delmar. You must exit on Sam Shepherd.
- Your students must stay with their teacher until they actually see you. Get out of your car and come claim your child.
- There will be no early dismissals after 3:15 p.m. Do not come to the office to ask to pick up your child if it is after 3:15. You will be told your child will exit the building with their class and you must pick them up on the parking lot.
- If you need to get a message to your child about a change in pick up arrangements, you must call the office by 3:15 in order for your child to get this message.
- Any students not picked up by 3:50 will be brought back to the building and will wait for you in the South Cafeteria.
- Our students are getting older and more and more independent. However, students who leave after school to go to Churches Chicken, City Diner, Convenience store, Strauss Park, etc. will not be allowed to get back on the parking lot for parent pick up or back in the school building itself. If your child leaves, they cannot return. You need to pick them up at their location.